Richard Okorogheye Wiki – Richard Okorogheye Bio
Richard Okorogheye is a boy from London, who is missing since March 22 is continuing in Epping Forest, the Met Police said this morning (Saturday, April 3). They continued to appeal for information.
The Met Police posted a new statement on Saturday morning that appealed to missing Okorogheye directly and said that police had yet to find anything of “relevance” to their search for him.
He is 19 years old.
Richard Okorogheye Missing
Richard left his family home in Ladbroke Grove, Kensington, on the evening of Monday, March 22.
Police said they knew that he traveled by bus in west London before taking a taxi to Loughton, where he was last seen, on CCTV, in the early hours of Tuesday, March 23.
He was reported missing a day later, on Wednesday, March 23.
In an update regarding their ongoing search for Richard, the Met Police said they were exploring “all possible lines of inquiry” to find Richard.
“19-year-old Richard left his family home in Ladbroke Grove, Kensington on the evening of Monday, March 22. He traveled by bus in west London before taking a taxi to Loughton, where he was last seen, on CCTV, in the early hours of Tuesday, March 23.
“As a result of that sighting, officers from across the Met, supported by Essex Police, have been carrying out searches in nearby Epping Forest over the past two days.
“The second day of search activity in the area concluded yesterday evening. So far, nothing of relevance to the investigation has been found. Further action will resume this morning.
“Detectives continue to keep an open mind about Richard’s whereabouts.
They are exploring all possible lines of inquiry and are still appealing for anyone who believes they have seen Richard at any time since he went missing to come forward,” a spokesperson said.
Meanwhile, Detective Superintendent Danny Gosling appealed to Richard directly, insisting he was in no trouble and that the authorities’ only concern was his safety.
“People can go missing from home for a number of reasons. Our job is not to cast judgment but to work to find them and bring them home safely,” he said.
“My message to Richard is clear. Our only concern is your safety. You are not in trouble and have done nothing wrong.
“If you read or hear this message, we would ask you to contact us, or someone you trust, to let us know you are safe. Your loved ones and many other people who you do not even know are very concerned.
“I would also like to thank the public for their continued support in sharing our appeals, checking doorbell and dashcam footage, and passing on any information.
“As our efforts to find Richard continue, the eyes and ears of ordinary members of the public will be essential tools in our search,” DS Gosling added.
Police have cordoned off a large pond in Epping Forest where a man’s body was found yesterday to search for missing student Richard Okorogheye.
The body, which is yet formally identified, was discovered by Essex Police officers yesterday afternoon, 13 days after the 19-year-old went missing.
Today the Metropolitan Police remain at the scene in Epping Forest, where a cordon has been set up around the Wake Valley pond.
Mr. Okorogheye’s mother, Evidence Joel, said that officers informed her of the news yesterday evening, as investigations remain underway to identify the body formally.
‘Oh God, they said the description matches his, but we’ll go in tomorrow to find out,’ Ms. Joel told MyLondon.
Mr. Okorogheye, who has sickle cell disease, left his family home in the Ladbroke Grove area of west London on the evening of March 22 and was reported missing two days later.
He was last seen on CCTV in Loughton, Essex, in the early hours of Tuesday, March 23, walking towards Epping Forest. Police divers had previously been seen in a body of water in the woodland.