Emma Panas Wiki – Emma Panas Bio
Emma Panas was a singer, who suffered from endometriosis was found dead after her appointment at a specialist clinic was twice cancelled due to the Covid pandemic.
The body of ‘hugely talented’ singer was discovered by her father at her home in Bromley, south-east London after friends and family could not contact her, an inquest was told.
She was 28 years old.
Emma Panas Found Dead
The singer-songwriter, who performed under the name Pyra and also fronted the electronic duo Paper Crows, was later found to have potentially fatal levels of painkillers in her system.
Despite considering a conclusion of an accidental drug overdose, the Coroner ruled that her death was not drug-related but was down to Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS).
Read Also: Who is Amanda Cooper? Wiki, Bio, Age, Mocked By Gordon Ramsay, Video, TikTok
The term is used to describe instances where people die suddenly of cardiac arrest, but no clear cause can be found.
The inquest, held at Croydon Coroner’s Court, heard how Emma was prescribed high doses of codeine and morphine to cope with crippling pain and was waiting for an appointment at a pain clinic when she died.
Cause of Death
The inquest heard she had appointments at a pain clinic lined up, but they were cancelled due to the Covid-19 lockdown.
Another theory was that the concentration of painkillers in her blood rose to a fatal level as she may have been dehydrated on the hot summer night.
But this was dismissed after a medical report explained that dehydration and temperature would not affect the level of the drugs in her system.
The musician suffered from endometriosis – a condition where tissue similar to the lining of the womb grows in other places, such as the ovaries and fallopian tubes.
Emma has prescribed the opiate painkillers last February 2020 and had been taking them for several months before her death at her home in July.
Members of her family, who appeared via video link to give evidence, said they were struggling to understand how she died.
They voiced concerns about her death being registered as an accidental drug overdose because they said she was ‘very, very careful’ when it came to taking her medication.
Emma’s brother, Sebastian Panas, told the inquest how her death ‘screams a failing of the NHS’ as he explained how she was referred to a pain clinic by her gynaecologist, but the appointment was rescheduled twice.
He said: ‘The care service that is in place should be able to provide the care that patients need and if that was cancelled to the point where Emma needed to self medicate more to the point where she could live.’