Carolyn Palisch Wiki – Carolyn Palisch Bio
Carolyn Palisch is an Arizona nurse who became an Internet well-known person after she saved her neighbors from a fire on New Year’s Day, pounding on their entryway until they got away at the time before their Avondale home fell.
The neighbor, Nicole Salgado, posted the video of the rescue on TikTok on January 3, 2021, and it had more than 29 million views on January 5. The video shows Palisch rushing to the house in a bathrobe and persistently pounding on the door.
Flames can be seen coming from the side of the house in the video as she runs up to the door. The video was captured by a Ring doorbell, Salgado said in a follow-up post. Watch the video here or below.
Her age is unclear.
Carolyn Palisch Saves Neighbors From Fire
Palisch was getting ready on the morning of New Year’s Day when she noticed smoke coming from her neighbor’s house. There, Nicole and David Salgado and their four children were all sleeping inside.
“All I could think of was the kids,” said Palisch told KMOV4.
She ran to the door in her bathrobe, pounded on the door with both hands, and rang the doorbell while shouting “Get out!” and “Wake up!” About 20 seconds into the video, members of the family opened the door.
“Get out. It’s on fire,” Palisch said.
She went inside for several seconds, disappearing from the view of the camera. She then left behind Nicole Salgado and her children.
“It’s OK,” Palisch said soothingly. “You guys can go to my house.”
“Within minutes of us getting out of the house our roof collapsed,” Salgado wrote on the video. “The firefighters said that if we didn’t get out when we did, we wouldn’t have made it out alive. We are so grateful to this angel that saved our lives.”
Palisch Is a Nurse
Palisch has been a nurse for 40 years, and Nicole and David Salgado are also healthcare workers, according to KMOV4.
The Salgado family lost their home, their only car, and most of their belongings in the fire, Nicole Salgado wrote on a GoFundMe started to raise funds for the family.
“2021 started in the worst way possible,” the fundraising page said. “Nicole and David woke up to loud banging on the front door. Their neighbor was alerting them that the house was on fire.
Thank God everyone was able to get out safely, but unfortunately, they have lost everything. David and Nicole along with their 4 children will have to start fresh. I ask that you please consider donating to help them find a new home and get the basic necessities for their family. Everything is appreciated! God Bless!”